Forum

Forum » Suggestions

"Stat Packs"

1. [H~I] @K0zz @ 15 Jan 2012 11:07:41 AM
    Wouldn't this primarily benefit the best of the best because you have to have the best of everything to use it?

Not to mention it would make point prices sky rocket even more by adding another essential use to them without bringing them into more circulation.

It could work eventually, but at this point it isn't, MD's 'economy' is horrible.
  2. [#14] Mister Moist @ 15 Jan 2012 11:09:36 AM
    Wouldn't this primarily benefit the best of the best because you have to have the best of everything to use it?

For new players, this gives them a tremendous advantage to catch up to the more senior and experienced HOF players, and to get their foot in the door when it comes to wars, hitlist kills, mugging, criming, and training. All the new player has to do is work their way up in levels while buying point dealer points along the way. The purchase of the Large Private Island, and Large Island Mansion seem like menial tasks compared to saving up for a "Stat Pack" but it will be worth it 100% for those players looking to get ahead, and play to their own standard.
  3. ⓣⓐⓘⓝⓣⓔⓓ @ 15 Jan 2012 11:20:11 AM

It will benefited Dave for sure. But the problem is after some days only few paypal player will left here playing on MD. It will mix the real life with the game. You have more money on real life you will become Rank 1 in just few minutes. it will destroy the game play system.
  4. Littled @ 15 Jan 2012 12:04:33 PM
    +1 and -1 I guess

You can only add a few stats 100+mill stats with a click of a button is ridiculous.

And Remove the ability to purchase it from upgrade page. Then people would easily just sit there and spend money and gain stats. Instead they have to work for it. :rasberry:

Maybe a combination of money and points to purchase them. :shifty: Heck why not make it a rare. Or give it as a bonus if they purchase a 90day pack themselves. :wink:
  5. Shift @ 15 Jan 2012 12:08:42 PM
    I'm with X. Two fold. Number one, I think it would immediately negate the work that a lot of Str/Spd accounts have done over the years. 100K points, without the effort would put someone firmly in the Spd HOF. And second, this would negate the activity that is a by product of people training an exhorbitant amount of points.

However, I do like the notion of all the shit that could be disturbed by a huge jump in stats from a couple different accounts simultaneously.:haha:
  6. ⓣⓐⓘⓝⓣⓔⓓ @ 15 Jan 2012 01:26:12 PM
    Dave will implimate it (sure 80%) as it will give me more more.

More money for few day and MD die --- no money

Better is some income that gradually increase in a slow rate but for years
  7. [#14] pendingKill @ 15 Jan 2012 02:03:37 PM
    Weiner this is almost exactly like my Mass Trainer suggestion.. Dave said it was the lazy way out.. I told him it was a way to make money which is what everything in life is about anyway.
  8. [#14] Mister Moist @ 15 Jan 2012 08:18:01 PM
    I know its a long read guys, but it will be worth it if you do.

At full power training speed, I can add 100 mill stats in 40-60 minutes.
    If you don't believe me, ask ANYONE that has known me for some time and they will tell you I can do it.

If you need me to prove it, I will.

+++

Counter Arguments + Rebuttals:
    Number one, I think it would immediately negate the work that a lot of Str/Spd accounts have done over the years.
    Wouldn't that be a good thing? The new core was meant to lessen the gap between those level 1 players starting out and the top 99th percentile of players (TOP HOF)
    Without action, without implementation of ideas and suggestions such as this, that 99 percent of players will NEVER catch up. This is fact.

+++

The top 99th percentile of players, which includes myself and several other TOP Hall of Fame players...they will want to fight the implementation of stat packs for one reason-The Time they have spent working their accounts over the past 1-2-3-4-5 years could possibly be negated by a new player coming in and spending a combination of time, money, and points to get ahead *Even get into the HOF*
    What you guys should all understand, is this is exactly what Dave had wanted for the game.

+++

Isn't it what you all crave deep down inside? More players actively working their accounts, noobs being able to train and level, whether by points, by RL Money, or simply by time spent.

The current dynamic of training in the gym is obsolete, and there needs to be a change. The implementation of stat packs has the potential to get THOUSANDS of players to return, THOUSANDS of new players can be interested in MD once again. They will see the options laid out in front of them, and see they too can get ahead and stay ahead if that is truly something that player wants to do, wants to achieve!

+++

And second, this would negate the activity that is a by product of people training an exhorbitant amount of points.

I believe I answered this in the previous lines, but i will give a brief explanation here as well.
    The activity time spent training an "exorbitant" (meaning A SHIT LOAD :haha:) may be negated in some cases, but not all. As XFile said, he would prefer to train each stat the old fashioned way.

Stat packs do not take away this option from players. The Stat pack price I suggested for example purposes costs roughly 10K points more than it would to train 100 mill stats click by click in the gym.

The purchase of said "Stat Packs" should only be available for purchase through a specific city store, Salem for example. Salem access requires 5 gold medals.

Have the Stat Packs be in a city store in Salem, so new players WILL have to work their accounts and get a feel for the game before they are eligible to purchase stat packs for in game point dealer points, or for paypal.

This will give the new players something to work for, and will inspire them to get those 5 medals, to get their LPI and Mansion, to mug, to crime, to hit, to be active.

Once they have proven themselves, they can then purchase stat packs from the store, and be able to use them on their accounts.

+++

The stat packs really should be NON TRANSFERABLE type for the following reasons:

-The ability to purchase stats from the game, to use only on your account will dramatically cut down on account sales and purchases. Which is a good thing. This will allow players to take great pride and satisfaction in the time, effort, points, and yes Money into their accounts.

-The ability to purchase stat packs for a set price (Points or Paypal) will boost the value of accounts currently in the Hall of Fame, and for those not in the Hall of Fame as well.

+++

By having that set price for stats, an account can be broken down by the 50K points it would take to add 100 mill stats

If a player has 100K PREMIUM points, that could buy them a pre-statted account something like a Level 450+ with 250Mill+ total stats . OR that could earn them 200Mill Stats after making it to Salem, and being able to buy a stat pack for their account.
    If a player has 200K PREMIUM POINTS, that could buy a pre-statted account with 500Mill Total Stats, or it could get that individual 400Mill from the use of stat packs.

+++

Lets say there are two players trying to sell their high level high statted HOF accounts:

Player 1 is a strength speed account with stats
    1 Bill Strength - 750 Mill Speed

If stat packs are implemented, this account could possibly be worth as much as [(TOTAL STATS/100Million) X 50K points]. *WHEN ONLY TALKING TERMS OF STATS!* The value and worth of this account is nearly 10 times greater than current MD account prices for an account similar to that one.

Player 2 is a high level defense player who has found his way into the top 25 ranked players!
    His defense is roughly 2Billion and his level is 520+
    Now, we can determine a rough price this account could go for based on several factors, but for this example we will use stats and level(exp) to price it out.

+++

2,000,000,000 TOTAL STATS / 100,000,000 (100MILL STAT PACKS = 1 MILLION POINTS used and valued for this account. Now, we still have yet to add in the value for this account based on it's level.
    For this I will refer back to my Point Dealer Points suggestion thread and will use 5k Point Dealer Points as a guide.

The level can be valued anywhere up to the amount of exp it takes to level to 520 and factor in how many points it would take using that 5K POINT DEALER POINTS per level ratio.

+++

These accounts are valued and WORTH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE THAN they would be currently and i see this only helping the game in the long run.

This raises the value of accounts, while at the same time taking points and game cash out of the game and putting it into stats and level, which is the whole point to the game.

+++

"Your role as a Mobster is to work your way to the top, either with others in a gang or by yourself. Attack and mug people to better your stats and gain more money, gamble, deal in weapons and armour, and much more!"

9. Candyman @ 15 Jan 2012 08:38:20 PM
    -1. i think the negatives outweigh the positives
  10. TRADER @ 15 Jan 2012 08:40:51 PM
    Instant Stats????
    Noways.

I haven't read it all (as reading is boring) but are you saying a newbie with a credit card could have a level 1 account with 1 trillion stats, just buy playing with his/her card?
  11. [#14] Mister Moist @ 15 Jan 2012 09:04:20 PM
    Please read before posting, it will help cut down on having to answer queries previously answered.
  12. [#14] Mister Moist @ 15 Jan 2012 09:09:00 PM
    I haven't read it all (as reading is boring) but are you saying a newbie with a credit card could have a level 1 account with 1 trillion stats, just buy playing with his/her card?

The purchase of said "Stat Packs" should only be available for purchase through a specific city store, Salem for example. Salem access requires 5 gold medals.

Have the Stat Packs be in a city store in Salem, so new players WILL have to work their accounts and get a feel for the game before they are eligible to purchase stat packs for in game point dealer points, or for paypal.

This will give the new players something to work for, and will inspire them to get those 5 medals, to get their LPI and Mansion, to mug, to crime, to hit, to be active.

Once they have proven themselves, they can then purchase stat packs from the store, and be able to use them on their accounts.
  13. Candyman @ 15 Jan 2012 09:22:02 PM
    low hof accts all the sudden being worth millions of pts cuz a 'stat pack' is introduced? lol

The more active and thriving the game is, the more accts will be worth. not sure you can artificially inflate there values- they are worth what people will pay for them and as of now thats not a whole hell of alot.
  14. The Thing™ @ 15 Jan 2012 09:54:15 PM
    Not a bad idea....perhaps a level requirement or specific city as you suggested.

However, I want to throw in a twist. Make it unavailable for players once they hit say level 450. Thus allowing the mid level players opportunity to catch up to the higher levels.
  15. LXXXVI •†• @ 15 Jan 2012 09:57:49 PM
    Great idea I think