Forum

Forum » Suggestions

"Stat Packs"

1. 101010101010101 @ 15 Jan 2012 10:19:10 PM
    -1 for me, just seems an easy way out of getting high stats.
  2. 101010101010101 @ 15 Jan 2012 10:19:31 PM
    And will ONLY benefit the wealthy...
  3. [#14] Mister Moist @ 15 Jan 2012 10:58:09 PM
    Not a bad idea Aer, to allow players yet another chance to catch up.

However, it is unfair to offer a completely new item to only new players, and not allow high level players to also use it to their advantage. Don't forget the biggest RL spenders are over 500+
  4. The Thing™ @ 15 Jan 2012 11:26:54 PM
    True it is a bit unfair. I have more thoughts on it and will add to this after while.
  5. Red Slanty @ 16 Jan 2012 12:12:19 AM
    "This suggestion greatly benefits the players who don't have the time in their day to click click click for their stats, but at the same time promotes activity among players to earn those points just like everyone else."

That's my only worry. I know that earning the points go hand in hand with training them, but training is a main aim in this game. I think taking it out is a bad idea really. I also think it's a good idea.

Perhaps it could go a little like this: If it takes around 50k to train XXX,XXX,XXX stats manually, we could sell the packs at 50k for >level 200, 60k >level 400, 70k >level 500, 75k >level 550?

I'd like to see a way of newer players getting a helping hand, but in the same respect, I wouldn't like to see the gym basically cut out.
  6. [#14] Mister Moist @ 16 Jan 2012 12:16:27 AM
    Selling the packs to other players would do the opposite of what is intended here. The main goal is to take game cash and Premium Points out of circulation.
    This suggestion does that.

Also, don't forget that the training i have mentioned in my several examples differs from Regular Training versus Using a Stat Pack.

7. [BDU] ☆DirtyPrincess♡ @ 16 Jan 2012 12:24:29 AM
    -1 from me.

That takes away from the playing of the game IMO.

Means it takes a few clicks to kill someone 100M stats above you when you have a conflict rather than having to city hop and lower HP or avoid being hit so you can train to beat them.

To me it would take away activity instead of causing it. Whhy bother playing a game to kill people when someone can click a buy button and go past all yoru hard work in 30 seconds?

again.. -1.
  8. [#14] Mister Moist @ 16 Jan 2012 12:26:19 AM
    Tell us DP, how many Stat Packs would it take to pass you based on My 50K for 100mill stat ratio?
  9. [#14] Mister Moist @ 16 Jan 2012 12:26:50 AM
    starting from scratch
  10. [BDU] ☆DirtyPrincess♡ @ 16 Jan 2012 12:28:51 AM
    Depends who's trying to pass... Obviously.

But the fact is you get rivalries on here.. Often people close in game play...

example.. You have a strength player with 1B strength using a defense layer with 950M def as a bunny... They say fuck it one day and buy a 100k stat pack and go past that person instantly with a couple of clicks... Where's teh game play in that? There is none.

Why take the playing out of a game?
  11. Red Slanty @ 16 Jan 2012 12:31:24 AM
    but the people that have been playing, that may be in a war with her would be able to outstat her immediately. Then it would be based on who has saved the most points rather than who can prevent one another from statting/who can be active enough to stat when the other isn't online/hitting/needs hitting.
  12. [#14] Mister Moist @ 16 Jan 2012 12:31:55 AM
    I will tell you now. I did a spy on you :shifty:

In order for a level 1 player to pass YOU in total stats, it would take 26+ "Stat Packs"
    At a cost of 50K point dealer points, that level 1 player would have to spend roughly 1.3 MILLION POINT DEALER POINTS to pass your total stats.

This is ONLY Stats, it does not take into consideration your Level
  13. Red Slanty @ 16 Jan 2012 12:38:24 AM
    But we're focussing on the current players. Although we want new players to join, we don't want the game to be completely changed for others. This takes the main part of the game out of it.
  14. [BDU] ☆DirtyPrincess♡ @ 16 Jan 2012 12:39:31 AM
    Weiner... You can't base it on a level 1 player beating a level 530's player...

Let's take into consideration a player liek pippen=goodfella... He has teh points sitting to out-stat me, i know for a fact he does... If i was to go into a war with NFC he could click a few times and be able to kill me instantly.. where is teh game play in that? the war would be over quickly.
    Where if he had to actually train to beat me.. There would be more chance of teh war being a long hall that would cause some forum activity, some drama, some rivalry etc...

You take all that away and you got no game play...

And in regards to giving new players an advantage etc.. you can't give them an over night solution to flash some cash and beat an account that's taken 3 years to build.

Take Just Joe into consideration... Yea, he bought his way into the HoF with large point packs... but he still didn't get there over night, after leveling he statted for days.. There was still GAMEPLAY in it. Not just leveling than BOOM instant stats.

I can honestly say it doesn't matter how you explain this idea or reword it or try to say a new player wouldn't beat a HoF account with it blah blah... It'll always be a -1 from me cuz IMO it takes away gameplay, take away gameplay and you lose activity, lose activity and you lose the game. How other people comment on it is whatever they think, but as far as i'm concerned it'll always be a -1 from me.
  15. KEEMSTAR @ 16 Jan 2012 12:49:32 AM
    Great idea! :fistpump: