Forum

Forum » Suggestions

Dave!

1. . . @ 02 Sep 2016 05:07:13 AM
    Rather than expecting folks to go back and look at my other posts in this dead category, I'm going to start a single thread that includes all those ideas that weren't voted by staff members (that I don't have a good argument for). I mailed you about a month ago, I'm a programmer and I'd love to help with the game.

Gang Crime
    - Adjust the crime results. We have a bunch of crimes that probably haven't been completed in years - and most crimes gangs do now have a pretty embarrassing return as far as exp and cash.
    - Show who is on currently active crimes.
    - Show an alert on the right menu if a member has a crime they can join (that's most of our gang log).

Leveling
    - Figure out something to allow users to get into "norm" range. You're pretty much not in the game until you're at least 450.
    - Fix experience going from 499 to 500. I can see the reasons for doing this early game. Someone got high and you weren't sure what to do. But it does not make any sense to have such a huge spike then drop it back down after 500.

Crimes
    - In what game does a crime give a worse reward for doing an activity after leveling that activity up?
    - Adjust success rate. success_chance =awake_pct * (nerve_cos / nerve_max) * .9 is super simplistic. As you level up a crime, you should generally be more successful, as you've done it a lot.
    - The increase in exp and cash as crimes goes up makes no sense. After 1 nerve crimes, your exp is almost halved until very high crimes. Also, the cash reward increase per nerve sucks until you can get to Compton.

Rewards
    - I get we give out a lot of points per hour, I feel some of these should be pulled back. In addition, add the site voting again. We need advertising. Those sorts of site are cheap ways to get traffic. Sure, you might lose a few point purchases, but with these kinds of sites you depend on competition snowballing. Not just Betty buying mass points.
    - Automatic monthly rewards for most trained, exp gained, cash gained, etc. I see this was done manually in the past (at least a little image for reward).

Dailies
    - Increase limit on daily bets (such as slots) to account for most active members account level. I think this caps before level 100. That's a decision from 8+ years ago.
    - More jobs, taper the earlier jobs off earlier to get folks more involved. It's easy to lose someone once they realize they won't make any great strides for 30+ days.
    - Server update time changes go to the bank. I get how it encourages folks to get on and deposit their stuff right away, but this isn't the mid 2000s. I remember when you had to get on at server reset time (with the 5min downtime) to deposit your lottery winnings ASAP or you'd be mugged out.

Misc
    - Time displayed is server time as per when the server resets (when you can go to work, etc).
    - Mug alert on right menu. If someone has X amount out (maybe configurable), show some for of count on the right. This is an odd one. But I've had a lot of money out for extended periods and didn't get mugged at all. In the old days I'd have hardly anything left after such a period. You'd also have enough gang mates online to see it, boot you from the gang and put you in the hospital to avoid losing money. That would never happen now.
  2. [BDU] HAVOK @ 04 Sep 2016 06:39:12 PM
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
  3. [BDU] ¡ƎIϽ˥ @ 04 Sep 2016 07:14:57 PM
    more emoji spam :erm:
  4. . . @ 04 Sep 2016 08:52:47 PM
    General Moderate 04 Sep 2016, 4:03pm
    Stop IAmASpammering on threads with emotes only please