Forum

Forum » Suggestions

MD REALMS; for server transport. (of players)

1. Cpt. Dan @ 15 Dec 2017 11:04:04 AM
    Q. : "What game allows players to play two servers with one account?"

A. Google Search: Realms (plural) = Minecraft!
    Minecraft Realms is a paid multiplayer server hosting service.

Obviously did not want to be over descriptive, because of the TLDR factor like I have done. :rolleyes:

The following reading material is for only the uninformed, otherwise skip to the next section.
    -------
    Realm definition: (singular)
    noun; Law (archaic literary) a kingdom.
    Zoology; a primary biogeographical division of the earth's surface.
    From Latin regimen ‘government’ and influenced by Old French reiel ‘royal’ to modern English realm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realm (singular)
    A realm /ˈrɛlm/ is a community or territory over which a sovereign rules; it is commonly used to describe a kingdom or other monarchical or dynastic state.
    Old French word reaume, modern French royaume. The word supposedly derives from medieval Latin regalimen, from regalis.
    "Realm" may commonly also be used to describe the Commonwealth realms, which all are kingdoms in their own right and share a common monarch, though they are fully independent of each other. Also; German Reich (Empire).

Games definition:
    the region, sphere, area, domain or province: within which anything occurs, prevails, or dominates: eg. The realm of dreams or fantasy.
    -------

For anyone who hasn't played a realm's game or Minecraft, then you may not understand the appeal that the younger (under 21s) games generation have for a realms based game.
    And it probably would be too hard for Dave to deal with, if he has lost interest in any recoding of MD.

And I agree with most of the above replies, it's probably a terrible idea for the 'conservative' players here, who hate 'drastic' change. There seems no point.

After a massive amount of experience playing MC realms for a couple of years, and even owning a MC realms on one server once with over a hundred players, it seems pointless to have the extra Under/Over worlds, I even used it with a McMMO RPG-like skills, with leveling and a special abilities system that's much more complex and challenging than MD, I also used a Multi-worlds for 2 extra worlds; eg. PvP (more popular) and Creative.

But from this time spent, I saw that the younger generation love a realms based game where they can 'escape being bothered' by the masses of players in the main world/realm and still play a more challenging game with a few friends and foes.
    -------

To understand where was coming from, I decided to discussed this with him; why he was suggesting this could be an alternative to a merger.

A. 'Only to cause a controversy for attention and the replies, and for a distraction from the merger!' :smh:

So other than an another alternative suggestion:
    This has nothing to do with a merger, it is completely independent from any merger. Go ahead, MERGE!
    How many of any MD2 players, merged to MD1 including with their resources kept there, would choose to transport to a two way realm, with their old account in an all one, MD combined, new realm to start up another top gang there?
    How many other 'bored' MD1 players would like to have an alternative change?
    How many younger gamers would be attracted to a multi realms game?
    The game needs to keep up with the latest attractions.
    In the discussion, I even suggested that Dave could advertise a realms game to an eventual, opened up, young Chinese game-market, but he replied that it's a bad idea, because it would flood the game with rich kids and ruin it for him all the OG 'conservative' players here.
    Who would want that? :brainwash:
    -------

If he doesn't mind me hijacking his thread; to properly answer a few of the points replied above from what I know about realms:

Bunneh: "Terrible idea. No one would ever use that option if they lost everything else. Also, if they lost everything then why does it cost anything to transfer?"

True, only if they lost everything else, but that wasn't the stated case.
    In a realms based game, the account returns to any realm with exactly what they left with in their inventory, nothing is lost; PLUS any stats and levels gained in any separate realm are kept on the account and transferred with it back to the main realm, and vise versa, that is how realms work or yes it would be pointless having another server like MD2.
    And it would be up to Dave to choose any transfer costs if any, it looks only like a suggestion to make it more prohibitive to stop continual abuse of cross server realm hits and to suit Dave's intention of using up excess money in MD. Don't like it, don't use it!
    (Some information from coding plugins in my own server for years)

...the missing War and Territory functions is separate again, Dave's distractions are caused outside the game, not from actually being interested in new suggestions, and then doing something about it, or his procrastination of the game's priorities.

Is it only a terrible idea because it halts server/realm transfers and has it's own economy that can be controlled by Dave?

Slayer: "Bunneh brought up good points, as much as I’d like to see a merge and the concept of a realm may sound appealing, your suggestion as I see it does contain flaws."

Some of your reasonable questions have already been answered.
    And it may be flawed, but it is the whole hypothetical concept of having separate realms/worlds:
    .There would be new chances of finding rares or Admins running competitions for them, even selling and buying them in a separate economy.
    .Players have the chance of becoming a mercenary or even a type of pirate for separate new wars, leave old dying wars in one realm and travel between the realms to fight the new wars.
    .You can also charge the gang at war for the travel costs, and you still have all your old resources stashed away for you to collect when you arrive.

From my personal experience playing in a realms game, this concept sounds even more appealing to younger gamers.

Don Killer: "Merger of md1 and 2 would be better, easier to do, less to code. Seems like this would be a waste of time."

Yes a Merger would be better and easier to do to, start with, but would only be a waste of time if Dave continues as is, and doesn't even bother keeping up with MD's priority coding in the first place, or to any OG players who don't care anymore.
    Info for realms coding: https://realm.io/docs/get-started/overview/
    I don't know if this can be coded into a text based game, I do not have that type of professional experience, so may be a waste of a suggestion after all.

Smoof: "Yes. Splitting active players into separate "realms" will make the the game more active."

Your don't care, unquestioning sarcasm to a reasonable suggestion, almost doesn't justify an answer.
    But I want to anyway, and I may take you as being ignorant of how a realms game works. :ice:
    Realms do not 'split' players anymore than different gangs split players; they can move from one realm to another the same as they can move from one gang to another but without that realm's economic advantage, it is still one complete active server. And a Merge would be helpful to this effect.
    Even if you can't get your head around that, it wont make activity less in a server, or you as an individual player in a main realm, if you don't use it.

Without any adverse comments that enticed, it would be useless posting any of this as 'to long wont read' statements.
    It probably couldn't hurt the game at all to have realms, instead of completely separate server like MD2, even if you or I don't want to use it.

I have attempted not to advocate for a realms game, and only state some facts or what I know from some extensive experience.
    It is up to the community to consider it a 'reasonable' idea, even if Dave only wants to dream about it in his own realm, like all the other priorities.
  2. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 20 Dec 2017 05:35:30 PM
    "True, only if they lost everything else, but that wasn't the stated case.
    In a realms based game, the account returns to any realm with exactly what they left with in their inventory, nothing is lost; PLUS any stats and levels gained in any separate realm are kept on the account and transferred with it back to the main realm, and vise versa, that is how realms work or yes it would be pointless having another server like MD2."

"Also the account would only transfer across to any realm the account's stats and levels, not the accounts points, money or items, which should be kept in a saved inventory, in the server where they were accumulated."

My statement holds true, because OP originally stated they did not have access to anything else after they switched "realms", unless of course they switched back...
  3. John 3:16 @ 21 Dec 2017 11:38:16 AM
    Also the account would only transfer across to any realm the account's stats and levels, not the accounts points, money or items, which should be kept in a saved inventory, in the server where they were accumulated.

Obviously bunneh needs to learn to read as I'm sure the OP says exactly what you say it doesn't

Why do you try criticise without fully reading and understanding

It seems every post you make you make without knowing what you are saying because you cannot understand simple English
  4. Cpt. Dan @ 21 Dec 2017 02:21:30 PM
    Now, now, play nicely boys, no need to shoot Bunneh in the heart, it's not going to make him love your post anymore! :heh:
    I was only trying to clarify the OP's point of a Realm, not attack Bunneh's understanding of a limited explanation at the time.

Remember this was only a the OP's suggestion I tried to clarify, I reckon it could also be done different.
    Let me use a graphic description instead.

Realm 1: (Lets call it The Main Realm)
    This is where the players account starts and to make an example.

A. The account is level 500 with an LPI and a LIM, and even stats of 1 billion in strength, 1 billion in defense and 1 billion in speed.
    B. 100 million cash.
    C. 100K points.
    D. It has the Top Armour, Shoes and Weapons, a WAM, a few rares and a full inventory of Kits other weapons.
    E. A super Pet, a Ferrari with it's Ferrari engine, a Large Supercharger, Quads and racing suspension.

Realm 2: (Lets call it The Other Realm)
    This is on the same server which doesn't cost the Owner any extra to run.

The Other Realm could only exist as a 'separate country' of the same 'Empire' with it's own economy.
    When a player chooses to move to the Other Realm, they only keep any fixed assets of A and I reckon possibly B for the e-reality's sake, if the Owner wasn't a communist.
    We can also look at the Points as the equivalent of Gold kept in the exchange of each Realm, as any possible points transfer would ruin it as a separate Realm and economy like some poor countries in real life.

I know there are flaws with transferring the LPI and LMI across Realms.
    As in real life, except for the filthy rich, most people need to sell everything up to move to another country and buy their land and house in their new country, they even loose their old Medical Care benefits, but not their health and fitness.

But this is for a game:
    So if the Owner allowed all of A, B, C D and E to be transferred to the Other Realm ,it would be nothing extra to gain for the server or the player and is pointless, so only A and B can be allowed to transfer across.
    Notwithstanding, in the game, at least C D and E is kept in the Main Realm.

When a player accumulates the equivalent of C D and E in the Other Realm, it would be kept in that Realm as well.
    This facilitates the need for a player to continue making money for making more points to continue building the account up.
    Then this stimulates the Other Realm's economy, and when the player used their points to possibly double their stats, it is permanent for both Realms.

I hope that scenario is clear enough. :nut: :brainwash:
  5. John 3:16 @ 21 Dec 2017 04:25:16 PM
    If not then I believe Photoshopped screenshots with titles might be needed to give a visual
  6. Cpt. Dan @ 21 Dec 2017 04:28:33 PM
    :facepalm: :haha:
  7. Cpt. Dan @ 21 Dec 2017 04:34:22 PM
    Don't tempt meh! :fury:
  8. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 21 Dec 2017 09:37:25 PM
    I still don't see how this will increase activity. Comparing MD to Minecraft is ludicrous. You're comparing a text-based game which on its absolute best day had 1,000 players to a 3D-sandbox game that has over 1,000,000 players playing at any given time.

MD is a medium for players to interact. If players are not interacting, they are clicking stuff and looking at a bunch of words on a screen. Separating players into realms, does one MAJOR thing: it separates players. Yeah, fine you can move back and forth, but the time players spend in a separate realm separates the interactions and will decrease the chances of value added interactions. You can put 100 people from a Minecraft into a separate realm. 100 people on Minecraft is a fraction of a percent. You put 10 people into a realm in MD and thats at least 30% of the population. Unless you're saying players from different realms can still interact with each other. But I'm sure that is not the point of having realms.
  9. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 23 Dec 2017 03:38:17 PM
    Yes, I am the one with the problem understanding.

"Also the account would only transfer across to any realm the account's stats and levels, NOT THE accounts points, money or items, which should be kept in a saved inventory, in the server where they were accumulated."

So switching servers means you LOSE EVERYTHING. YOU CANNOT USE IT ON A DIFFERENT SERVER. YOU MUST WARP BACK TO THE REALM YOU STARTED ON TO HAVE ACCESS TO THESE ITEMS.

So why is anyone going to switch servers? They won't. You're obviously new here.

What is the benefit over having two servers with two accounts? Just about all players play on both servers, one account is used as a farm account in most cases. With realms we can't do this because we would have multiple accounts at that point.

As I'm also interested in your theory of increased activity, do you mind explaining that thoroughly? How does your idea increase the number of active players?
  10. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 23 Dec 2017 08:52:20 PM
    Not just increasing the number of active players, but how will it increase the activity of current players? You're giving them an alternative realm that's literally a clone of the current realm...just so they can pay a fee to hop around and do the exact same thing as they were doing in their previous realm...but with a divided population of active players and no resources. :facepalm:
  11. John 3:16 @ 30 Dec 2017 06:37:05 PM
    Not even reading or replying to bunneh as he obviously didn't read the original post correctly before replying so there is no use answering someone who pretends to know what they are talking about, even though they do not

As for the dumbass staff member who looks for any reason to knock back suggestions because if they got implemented it would mean more work or actually doing his job.... Kids these days are into dual server playing games that can be logged on with a singular account
    Infact many games had this idea implemented before mine craft existed and are to this day still going strong due to this one exact feature that would mean you actually having to monitor players
  12. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 02:50:08 AM
    Geez you're so sensitive. You guys cry about staff not checking out the suggestion forums. I check it pretty regularly. If I'm gonna go through and read this shit, I'm gonna state my opinion. If you're going to disagree with my opinion, provide a counter argument. That's what a discussion is; that is what this forum is for. :nut:

Nevertheless, what game, similar to MD, provides realms? I would like to know.

13. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 03:11:08 AM
    I personally have never claimed that staff never check the suggestion forums, and as for games similar to MD well I'd like to point out that naming such games would be breaking the TOS and forum rules and if I did it would force your hand to issue a ban of sorts
    How about you go find these games and see for yourself.... Wait nvm that would be too much effort

How about just humouring the idea and asking Dave if it's possible for him to find some time to put this idea together

What's the worst that can happen? Nobody uses the system?
    I'm pretty sure if the game was advertised as a multi realm game it would catch people's attention just as this thread caught your attention
  14. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 03:41:04 AM
    You can message the name of the game(s) to me. Since it will be at my request, it will not consider it to be spamming links or advertising. What's the worst that can happen? It takes time and resources to implement. And so far no one has provided any examples of benefits other than "realms are popular on another dissimilar game".

Also "realms" did not catch my attention. I literally read most if not all suggestion threads.
  15. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 03:53:20 AM
    Also "realms" did not catch my attention. I literally read most if not all suggestion threads.

Yet you do not go so far out of your way to reply to any of the other threads as you do mine