Forum

Forum » Suggestions

MD REALMS; for server transport. (of players)

1. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 04:14:29 AM
    Look through the threads. :nut:
  2. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 04:29:51 AM
    Name three threads in the top 6 threads of page 1 that you so enthusiastically replied as you did here
  3. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 04:53:12 AM
    "3 threads in top 6". Way to cherry pick. :rolleyes:

People usually don't get butthurt from my opinions so I don't need to follow-up posts. Other than the first post, all of my posts in this thread was a direct response to someone.
  4. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 04:59:57 AM
    And for the record I responded to 10 of the 22 threads on the first page.
  5. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 05:25:27 AM
    One post here one post there but how many have you discussed in?

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that you reply to my threads and my posts as it shows some interest in what I have to say, but your approach criticises a little more than necessary

Maybe if there was more positivity towards the ideas and positive enthusiasm maybe just maybe more people would be willing to act on the idea
    It's psychological tactics, one person says no than everyone will follow like sheep whereas if you saw the pros rather than the cons it would make people more susceptible to the idea
  6. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 05:58:39 AM
    I've discussed topics at length in several threads where the OPs provided well thought out suggestions. Unfortunately well thought out threads are very rare and are flooded out by ideas that, in my opinion, are useless or unimportant. I've said this before, but I think ~90% of the suggestions are stupid because 90% of the suggestions are either aesthetic changes or changes that don't add long term values to the game.

I'm not going pretend to be positive toward ideas just because they are ideas and they were posted. And I don't criticize just to criticize. I just really don't see it as a good idea. Its your job to present the pros of it.

https://md1.mafiadeath.com/forum/6/1571892.php

^^^This thread for example lead to a great idea that I would love to see implemented. Unfortunately, its on page 3 and will be overlooked because people keep posting stupid ideas/IAmASpammering their stupid ideas ahead of it.
  7. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 06:40:28 AM
    Though you have strong argument I still disagree that it's my sole purpose to present the pros to the cons, as you have shown in the thread you found on page 3 you can also provide positive feedback

However only one post have you shown you can discuss at length of the topic
    But only can you be critic in length
    Have you tried to be positive in any of the other threads at length? No

You might say, "why waste my time"
    well you seem to want to waste your time giving negative feedback rather than positive feedback which would be more beneficial

Bottom line is we could be having a opposite but not too dissimilar idea in the other threads or you could be pointing out the good part AND the bad parts of this thread

Can you not see the two in this one or only the one?
  8. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 07:00:14 AM
    Pro

Having a realm would be like having a new city to move to

Con

The points money and items are inaccessible if you move to another realm

Pro

Moving from realm to realm would make difficulties for people to hit one another (much like city hoppers)

(possible) pro

New gangs would need to be established

(possible) con

Keeping players in gangs within realms would be difficult, having said that we could remove the gang reset idea
  9. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 07:04:07 AM
    Pro

Resetting everything but stat's would include restart of gang territory wars providing a new challenge for gangs such as BDU:haha:
  10. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 07:29:19 AM
    From my perspective, the negatives of having "realms" severely cripples activity and I haven't seen any solid arguments for it. The only argument I've seen that supports realms is that its popular on Minecraft and kids like it. You want me to repeat that to you as positive feedback? I won't because I think that its a poor argument. You say its negative feedback, but I see it as constructive criticism. Maybe I shouldn't have been sarcastic in my first post, but I think the concerns I posted against the idea are relevant and have been objective.

I only posted one thread as an example. And my role in the length of the discussion depends on responses directed towards me. If I make a statement, and there is no response or someone posts a simple "I agree", theres not going to be lengthy discussion. With that said, there are several constructive discussions I have participated in. But like I said, i think 90% of the suggestions are bad so its gonna be rare.
  11. [H~I] smoof.watermelon @ 31 Dec 2017 07:41:52 AM
    The only pro I can accept from that list is that new gangs/territories would be interesting. But I still think dividing player interactions would severely cripple activity.

Comparing realms to cities just shows how redundant having realms would be.
  12. John 3:16 @ 31 Dec 2017 07:50:26 AM
    Your debate is a fair enough debate however I am still interested in other people opinion rather than the opinion of one singular person (again not including bunneh as he did not read or properly understand OP nor does he play often enough)
  13. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 02 Jan 2018 02:34:40 PM
    "Comparing realms to cities just shows how redundant having realms would be. "

Exactly what I noticed, except realms are worse because when you switch realms you DO NOT HAVE YOUR ENTIRE INVENTORY, CASH OR POINTS.*

Therefore I have clearly read the entire thread and know that switching realms equates to you NOT HAVING ANY OF YOUR ACQUIRED GEAR, CASH OR POINTS IN THE NEW SERVER.*

Also the account would only transfer across to any realm the account's stats and levels, not the accounts points, money or items,

WHERE IS THE INCENTIVE TO SWITCH TO THIS REALM? PLAYERS HAVE 10+ YEARS OF ACQUIRED GEAR. NO ONE CARES IF ALL THEIR GEAR IS BACK ON THE ORIGINAL SERVER. WHY WOULD ANYONE SWITCH TO A SERVER WITH ONLY STATS AND LEVELS FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME?*

It also says YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY A REALM TRANSPORT FEE TO SWITCH FROM ONE REALM TO THE NEXT.*

"The Gateway would use a specific MD1 or a specific MD2 only Gatekey for specific two way travel only, which could be purchased for about 5k points and be kept permanently in the inventory. And before the Gatekey can be used, the player would need an RM and pay a bribe to the Gatekeeper of; 1. Between $50- 100k per level, or 2. A set amount of between $10-$20 million."

SO AFTER YOU SWITCH REALMS? HOW DOES ONE SWITCH BACK WITH NO POINTS OR MONEY? SO THEY ARE TRAPPED IN THE NEW SERVER REALM UNTIL THEY ACQUIRE ENOUGH RESOURCES TO TRANSFER BACK? WHERE IS THE INCENTIVE TO RISK MAKING THIS TRANSFER TO A SHITTY EMPTY SERVER?*

Now are you capable of some sort of intelligible thought? Or do you only have terrible ideas and then throw temper tantrums when no one likes your shit idea? Do you have the ability to conduct true logical thought, or are you stuck in a sea of logical fallacies to try and attack constructive thought? Maybe you thought this was a carebear game and we actually care about your feelings.

It's also humorous that you think my opinion should not count. Especially since I've played this game much longer than you, I still play this game more often than you, and have had and still have much stronger accounts than you do which I also built on my own. Although you humorously fail to grasp the fact that even if your assumption were correct, if I didn't play the game, how is your suggestion going to encourage me to play more? I've been asking you the same questions this entire time, and you're too stupid to answer them.

Get your head out of your ass. Your ideas are not made of gold. Your idea will never be implemented and you're wasting your time. Especially if you continue with this childish thought process.

*Capslocks to highlight the points that the OP is too retarded to comprehend.
  14. [Que] Bunnehsaur @ 02 Jan 2018 02:40:23 PM
    Let's also acknowledge the fact that other players agree with me, in this very thread. What is your retort for that? Do they not play enough either? Did they not read the OP well enough? Or maybe am I actually expressing the exact thoughts that all players will be thinking in regards to this suggestion.
  15. John 3:16 @ 02 Jan 2018 03:04:09 PM
    [M~I] Alsahm @ 31 Dec 2017 07:50:26 AM
    Your debate is a fair enough debate however I am still interested in other people opinion rather than the opinion of one singular person (again not including bunneh as he did not read or properly understand OP nor does he play often enough)